Monday, June 20, 2011

pinhole Hawaii







Cathy mentioned pinhole photography a few months ago and I thought it sounded interesting but I can't really see myself taking photos with film. So as I was poking around looking at pinhole photos I saw something about digital pinhole photography which seems much more like my kind of thing - instant gratification. :) I tried making my own pinhole but it was not working that well so I gave up and bought a commercial version.

I hadn't had time to play with it before we went on vacation so I tried it out on waves and palm trees and such. I kind of love it and I'm going to see what else it can do now that we're back home.

5 comments:

belinda marshall said...

wow~ a couple of them look like paintings.
your holiday sounds great {wondered what you'd been up to} :)

Janelle said...

yeah, I'm still figuring different effects you can get with shutter speed, moving subject, etc. but I like the simplified result.

I think I spent weeks before we left making sure the garden was ready, the horse was ready, the house wasn't a wreck, and I had clothes for me and the boy to wear :) not much art-making in there, you'll notice, so I wasn't doing much blogging or blog-reading, either... but I'm hoping to do much more of both now :)

Cathy said...

How fun are those pictures! And in Hawaii!

I look forward to seeing more photos from your pinhole camera. Have you heard of a lensbaby? Another fun toy.

Janelle said...

thanks, Cathy! yeah, I think I saw somebody said they were using a lensbaby but I didn't really look into it...are they good? the last thing I need is more toys but it's so fun to try new things :)

T. Roger Thomas said...

Very nice photos!