Saturday, February 26, 2011

squares


6x6", gouache and graphite on stonehenge paper.

Here's what I actually ended up putting in the two 6" frames for the gallery. I think this is the last of what I've been working on lately :)

fyi: that is some genuine old rickrack from my grandma's sewing box that I used for the reference photo. It even has the tiny little pin and the card it came on. Clearly my hoarding tendencies are genetic, which means it's not my fault that I can't throw away craft and art supplies that I might be able to use someday. I'm relatively tidy about many things but art supplies, crafty things, and books I always seem to keep. This is why you don't see that many photos of the inside of my studio, I guess. I can't stop hoarding in there but at least I know that I should feel a little shame about it :D

2 comments:

belinda marshall said...

these are great!
maybe i'm worse than you as i don't see the shame in it!! {even tho i'm often asked: why are you keeping this???}

Janelle said...

that's funny! I guess it just depends on how many places you can store things out of the way...if it's taking over the rest of the house it's probably not working :)