Tuesday, February 22, 2011

collages




I scanned these little paper collages before I put them in their frames last week and forgot to post them so you could actually see what they look like :) And obviously I had the digital ones at the top finished before I printed and framed them, too. I've been fighting a cold and I'm not quite on top of things yet, I guess.

The two digital collages are 4x4" which is, let's face it, really tiny. I tried to keep them sort of simple compared to the big pieces so they wouldn't look too cluttered. Trying to keep some white space when there's only four inches to work in is kind of hard :P The purple is derived from photos I took of my hellebores which are just starting to bloom. The sort of scroll-y patterns are out of a 1920s or so copy of Pride & Prejudice. I've been re-reading (and re-watching) Jane Austen lately...very soothing, much like knitting and such to me.

3 comments:

belinda marshall said...

beautiful. love the fine lines {straight} with the curvy lines in the top ones. you've done well with the tiny work space too.
hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Janelle said...

thanks, Belinda! you have a knack with the tiny pieces that I can only hope to emulate :)

ewulik said...

zapraszam do odwiedzenia mojej strony