Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New old book


I'm a huge used book store junkie. Did I ever mention I used to work at a couple of different bookstores? It seems like the most natural thing when I'm looking for reference materials for artworks to go poke around at old books.

This is a railroad manual from 1911. I haven't scanned any of the images in it yet but as you can imagine it is crammed with technical drawings. I love technical drawings in any form but trains are especially interesting to me because my dad and his dad many years ago worked for railroads. I've been trying to convince my dad to let me have some of his dad's old reference materials but I've yet to get my hands on them. So when I saw this at the local used book shop I figured it would be the next best thing :)

I imagine you'll see this book again in different forms in my work.

No comments: