Monday, January 31, 2011

new collages


More photos, more scans, more textures. The colors on these digital pieces are all derived from the photos and scans instead of picking a color that's pretty like I usually do when I'm painting. I'm making the colors more or less saturated and replacing some with other colors from the same piece but it's all there to start with.

The non-photo bits here are from a gardening book of my grandma's. She had cut out articles in the paper with gardening advice and stuck them into the book, so I've used a little of both here. I think I'm gravitating toward the gardening themes again as we get closer to spring.

7 comments:

hollie said...

wonderful, janelle. they're hazy and warm. the colors and textures in these remind me of looking through a prism out over a garden. or the spots of colored light that glass bobbles will spot over a ceiling.

Janelle said...

thanks, Hollie! I'm having so much fun taking all these out of focus light spotty photos. they make terrible photos but great textures! :)

Julia Bolchakova said...

Wow, these are beautiful!

Janelle said...

thanks, Aleutie! :)

belinda marshall said...

i loooove out of focus light filled photos!!
your collages are beautiful.

Cathy said...

These are great! Love all the layers.

Janelle said...

aww, Belinda and Cathy, what lovely and kind ladies you are! thanks! :)