Thursday, November 19, 2009

Learning to love fall.



I've always disliked fall because it means that winter is coming and winter means snow. Snow is pretty but only if you can stay indoors and not have to drive in it or push a wheelbarrow full of horse poo through it. But now we live somewhere else, and winter is going to mean rain, not snow. And it's cold, but it's never going to get down to 20 below zero (as it occasionally does where we used to live). I even went riding a couple weeks ago on a nice day. So I'm finding my irritation and anger towards the leaves for changing color and the days for getting shorter is gradually going away. I still like summer, but this year I'm actually enjoying looking at all the leaves that are falling.

2 comments:

freshlychopped said...

with the thought of having to push a wheelbarrow of horse poo through snow in my head i think i would have hated winter as much as you! love all of the subtle color variations in these and yes, it's always good to know where you are going. : )

Janelle said...

Pushing that wheelbarrow is so exhausting in the snow...I think I should make an exercise dvd and make my millions :)