Friday, July 10, 2009

Cute and old

So when I'm not doing schoolwork and I don't have a headache (that's a whole other story), I'm doing my best just to keep up with watering the garden and keeping my mare all scritched and happy.  It's been very hot and dry here which is ok with me, really, but I was anticipating more rain.  You know, Seattle area and all...

She's giving the neighbors' sheep the eye right here, because they're always getting upset over something and shouting and running about.

This is like a minute later.  She's a power napper.  She's 26 this year - did I mention that? - so I think she's allowed to nap.  However, she still gallops around and bucks in her pasture like she's 3 and loooves to run when we're out riding.  

And this is what she does when I scratch her itchy spots - camera in the right hand, scritching her back with the left.

I promise someday I'll have some actual art for my blog again.  I hope you'll all bear with me, though - when these last classes end, I'll have my diploma and I'll be back to work a little more steadily.

6 comments:

belinda marshall said...

she's gorgeous ~ love her blonde mane. hope your headaches go away, don't u hate being slowed up by health issues, belinda xx

hollie said...

i love her freckles more than i can say. i've always wanted horses. maybe someday. hope you can get rid of the headache quickly!

Janelle said...

I love the spots, too! That color is actually called "flea-bitten gray" - doesn't that sound awful?? And Hollie, a great way to be around horses without making a huge commitment is to take a few riding lessons. If you find a teacher/trainer you like, they'll teach you anything you need to know - feeding, care, riding, etc.

For my headaches...I'm trying a few different things. My project this weekend is to finish making/putting up curtains with a blackout lining in my bedroom and see if that helps me sleep better. If that doesn't work, I guess it's back to the doctor to tweak my migraine medications. Bleah.

freshlychopped said...

she's beautiful! i can't believe she is 26- born the same year as me. : ) it must be so relaxing when you two hang out. good luck with the migraines and not sleeping, and i know how you feel about not posting art- sometimes life just gets in the way!

annamaria potamiti said...

She's absolutely lovely-its the freckels and her lively, fun loving character at 26!!! I hope you get some real help with your migraines soon- I just get headaches and that is yucky enough-I can't imagine headaches...Yes, we have been having a small winter in Vanvouver too-Can you please talk to the weather-man?
Good luck with your courses,
Annamaria

Unknown said...

Aw, she so cute!!