I took a four-week summer workshop in Digital Art and I felt like I actually got a lot done, considering that I had a short time and was out sick for almost a week... These are boards that I spray-painted with a stencil that I made from a diagram out of an old programming textbook. I scanned all of them, but I only had a chance to make a print out of the one at the bottom--added a little vector version of part of the diagram. The print is about 22" x 28" off the Epson printer out at school and it looks pretty great. The wood texture printed out beautifully and the addition of the vectors on top looks weird (in a good way).
These are some not-so-great pictures of another print I made--it's about 42" x 36", printed onto watercolor paper, and collaged/drawn on top. The paper is super heavy and it prints off a roll, so it naturally wants to curl up and I didn't feel like flattening it out somewhere with better light. The file I printed was mostly blue, but one of the cartridges wasn't working the first time and it turned out mostly pink. I printed another, but I wound up liking the collage on this one better. It's nice to have a sort of throwaway print that it's easy to draw on without worrying.
The pattern on this was printed onto canvas which I stretched and painted the hand/stick on with oils. I'm still working out the surface of the printer canvas--it's nice and smooth but it seems to absorb the oil pretty quickly. I'm going to try acrylic medium or clear spray on the canvas after printing and before painting next time and see how that goes.
These are linen with freezer paper stencils that I spray-painted. Never tried the combination of materials before--you can see where some paint dripped off the stencil. I did the bottom one out of the piece of freezer paper I cut out of the first--never waste work is my motto. I like the subtlety of doing a reverse stencil with the sort of cloud of white.